Updated: January 1, 2023
- via email or phone; and
- in person at our offices.
Table of Contents
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- DATA SECURITY
- INTEGRATION OF THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES
- CONTACT US
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We may collect your personal information when you interact with our Site, mobile applications, with us over email or phone and at physical locations. Personal information is any information that relates to you, identifies you personally, or could be used to identify you including, but not limited to: your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or any other information.
The types of personal information that we may collect about you include, but are not limited to: information you provide to us, information collected automatically about your use of our Site and Services, information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, promote safety at our apartment communities, and/or detect fraud.
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. The personal information we collect on or through our Site or Services may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, email, and phone number.
- Unique personal identifiers, such as SSN or TIN.
- If applicable, rental information, such as your rental application, employment history, financial records and other information and documents related to your tenancy.
- If applicable, loan information, financial statements and records (and related documents), and required verifications.
- If applicable, investor information, such as your subscription documents and related materials.
- Payment card information, wire instructions, transaction, bank or financial account information;
- Information you provide by filling in forms that we make available.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Site or an in-person location, a payment or other transaction with us by email, our Site, telephone, in writing or through other means.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources and combine that information with the personal information we collect directly from you. For example, we may receive payment information from the organization you use to pay us in order to correct our records. Additionally, we may collect credit or identity information, as well as conduct civil and criminal background checks, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud or to ensure safety at our apartment communities.
Information Collected from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud.
Information Collected Automatically. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about the type of device you are using, mobile ad identifiers, the time and length of your visit, the website that referred you to our website, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over.
2. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small web files that a site or its provider transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site’s or provider’s system to recognize your browser and remember certain information. We use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes: to make our Services function properly, to improve our Services, to make login to our Site or Services easier (such as by remembering your User ID), to recognize you when you return to our Site, to track your interaction with the Site, to enhance your experience with the Site, to remember information you have already provided; and to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Site. The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted (i.e. after you have finished browsing).
The following types of cookies are used on our Site:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential because they enable you to use our Site. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Site. Without these cookies, some Site cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. This category of cookies is essential for our Site to work and they cannot be disabled.
- Functional or Preference Cookies. We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Site to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Site. We do not use functional cookies to target you with online marketing. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Site.
Analytics. We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site. Presently, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google LLC (“Google”) that tracks and reports Site traffic. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We use these analytics tools in restricted processing mode such that we do not share any personal information about your Site visitors with Google.
Your Choices. Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site by taking the steps outlined below. You can use the browser with which you are viewing this Site to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Services may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Site does not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Providing the Services;
- Contacting you regarding the administration of the Services you use;
- Creating and managing your records and accounts in connection with your use of the Services;
- Facilitating financial transactions related to the Services you use;
- Providing you with notices about the Services you use;
- Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Notifying you about changes to our Site, our policies, terms or any Services we offer or provide though it;
- Sending you marketing and promotional emails;
- Responding to your questions or other requests;
- Allowing you to participate in the interactive features of the Services;
- Tailoring your experience on the Services and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Site;
- Saving your user account, registration and profile data or other personal information (so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the Site);
- Tracking your return visits to and use of the Services;
- For research purposes, for marketing/promotional purposes and to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and business partners;
- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Site, Services and user activity;
- Determining which features and services users like best to help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our Services, and display advertising and marketing information;
- Tailoring your experience on the Site and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Site;
- Keeping you secure and safe while using our Services, which requires us to process your personal information to combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks;
- Improving and enforcing our security measures;
- Responding to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us;
- Maintaining legal and regulatory compliance;
- Enforcing compliance with our policies;
- Protecting you, others and our business, including, without limitation, using information for fraud prevention;
- Providing information to lenders or other counterparties in connection with our borrowing or other investments;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the Services or other related products and/or services requested; or
- With your permission or upon your direction, we may disclose your personal information to interact with a third party for other purposes.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below to notify us of your opt-out preference.
4. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers.We may employ other companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (“Service Providers”), provide the Services on our behalf, perform service-related activities or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. The Service Providers may have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Within Our Organization. We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to provide you with the Services and take actions based on your request, as well as for the purpose of management and analysis. For example, we may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies to expand and promote our Services.
- Corporate Transactions. We may share, disclose or transfer your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred, and you agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information, or to financial institutions and other counterparties in connection with making, holding, financing and disposing of our investments.
- As Required by Law. We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Prime or our customers or partners.
- Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your consent.
Please note that we may disclose, without restriction, aggregated or anonymized information about our users, which is information that does not identify any specific individual.
5. COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
To provide Services to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of this Site. From time to time, we may also send you other messages or updates about Prime, our website, and promotions or other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/security-related communications from Prime Group, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link if available in the communication or contact us where specified in the “Contact Us” section, below.
Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your Information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any Information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt-out or unsubscribe will not be retrieved or rescinded, unless required by applicable law.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer data, including personal information, to United States and process it there. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use our Services.
8. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Below is a summary of the “personal information” categories, as identified and defined by the CCPA (see California Civil Code section 1798.140 (v)), that we collect, the reason we collect your personal information, where we obtain the personal information, and the third-parties with whom we may share your personal information.
We generally collect the following categories of personal information about your when you use our services: identifiers (such as your name and contact information); commercial information (such as information about products or services purchased); and inferences drawn from the information collected about you. When you purchase a product or service from us, we may also collect commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered by you. For more information about the personal information we collect and how we collect it, please refer to Section 1, above.
California residents have certain rights. Your rights in relation to your personal information are not absolute. Access to your rights may be denied: (a) when denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on another’s privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; or (d) where the request is frivolous or vexatious, or for other reasons. , Subject to certain limitations or exceptions, California residents have the following rights:
- Right to Know/Access. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
- Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions, including if we need personal information for a reason related to our business, such as: providing goods or services to you; detecting and resolving issues related to security or functionality; complying with legal obligations; conducting research in the public interest; exercising free speech or ensuring another’s exercise of free speech; or using the information for internal purposes that a consumer might reasonably expect.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information that you provided to us.
- Right to Opt-out of Sales. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
- Right to Opt-out of Sharing for Cross-Contextual Behavioral Advertising. You may opt-out of the sharing of your personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. We do not share your personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes.
We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of any user under the age of 18. We do not process any personal information we collect for the purposes of inferring characteristics about you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. This means we will not: (a) deny your services; (b) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (c) provide you a different level or quality of services; or (d) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
Submitting a Rights Request
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and putting “California Rights Request” in the subject line or by contacting us at 888.457.0941.
The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. This means that in making a request you may be required to: provide your email and phone number, and/or account sign-up authentication or other information needed to verify your identity depending on the sensitivity of the personal information that is the subject of the request. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. If we are unable to verify your identity, we reserve the right to deny the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
If you choose to use an authorized agent to submit a request to delete, a requests to correct, or a request to know, we may require that you: (1) provide the authorized agent written permission to do so; and (2) verify your own identity directly with us. We will not require these steps if we have received proof that you have provided the authorized agent with a power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4121 to 4130. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
9. DATA SECURITY
We are committed to protecting your personal information from unauthorized access and use. To help protect your personal information, we implement and maintain appropriate technical, physical, and administrative safeguards. We aim to restrict access to your personal information solely to those employees and vendors who need to know that information to provide our Services to you. Our employees receive training to maintain the confidentiality, privacy, and security of your personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
We do not offer Services to minors and do not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If an individual under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us as described below so that we may promptly delete the child’s information from our record.
11. INTEGRATION OF THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES
12. CONTACT US